Focus on Vision C.I.C. is a new Community Interest Company in Stockton-on-Tees assisting those living with Blindness and Visual Impairment.
Founded by Christine Durnion and Jill Campbell, formerly of BlindVoice UK, we offer a transcription service providing clients with the highest quality Braille, large print and audio. From letters to books to greetings cards we believe that every person has the right to receive their information in the medium that is best for them.
Our Awareness Sessions offer training appropriate to the needs of organisations, such as hospitality or retail, and will show you the obstacles and difficulties those with sight loss face. After the sessions the clients will feel able to offer those who are Blind or Visually Impaired the appropriate service.
Our Mission Statement
To help visually-impaired people through the provision of comprehensive advice and support services. We will achieve this by working towards our objectives. To promote social inclusion for the public benefit of blind and visually impaired people in the Tees Valley by:
- Improving the availability of information in alternative formats;
- Helping them to achieve equality and maintain their independence;
- Continuing to provide and improve quality services to people with sight loss. This will include education, ICT skills, job seeking and participation in social activities;
- Ensuring that the voices of visually impaired people are heard when planning services and their opinions are sought on key issues affecting their lives;
- Providing advocacy service and support needed to cope with paperwork; and
- Raising public awareness of the issues and problems relating to sight loss.
To promote and protect good health by enabling people to gain information at an early stage to ensure appropriate services are provided and eye problems are recognised.